Cookies ‘n’ Cream Oreo Fudge Brownies Happy Valentine’s Day, chocolate lovers!! You can do one of two things with this recipe: a) Make these brownies for your sweetie, as a lovely dessert to top off your romantic Valentine’s day dinner. b) Make these brownies for yourself, as a way to celebrate the fact that Valentine’s day sucks. I’ll be going with option B. I’ll try to show some restraint and not eat the entire pan…(y’all know how Oreos are my biggest guilty pleasure). Dijon Chicken Club Sandwiches By the time I get home from work, I often don't feel like cooking a big meal. But if I've done some of the prep work in advance, it becomes really easy. This is pretty much my weekday plan.
apple crumble bars recipe do you love apple pie? why am i even asking? of course you love apple pie. what if you could take an apple to eat on the go? well, i present to you these apple crumble bars: “they’re like mini apple pies!” the most time consuming part of this recipe is dicing up 6 cups of apples. the hardest parts of this recipe are a) not eating most of the crisp granny smith apples as you dice them and b) not digging into the bars with a fork before you bake them.
Cookies ‘N Cream Oreo Fudge Brownies Hellooooo, good lookin’! What a way to start the week! :) Last weekend as we were exploring Blue Ridge, GA, we stopped by this charming little bakery. They had all kinds of delicious looking homemade brownies. Oreo brownies, peanut butter brownies, raspberry cream cheese brownies… *groans* Kevin totally had his eye on the Oreo brownies. Beer Battered Onion Rings One day, months ago, after Ben and I were watching a show on the Food Network about fried foods, Ben had asked me to recreate the beer battered onion rings that were featured. Knowing I’m not one to frequently bust out a vat of oil to “waste” on frying, I quickly filed his request in the very back of my mind. No, seriously, the very back shelf of my brain that is probably full of dust and other undesirable recipe requests. Onion rings have never been one of my favorite foods. The only time I’ve ever had them was when someone else ordered them at a restaurant and shared one or two with me. Regardless, when I was planning out my menu for the Oktoberfest Burgers, the dusty old onion ring file jumped to the forefront of my thoughts and I just couldn’t push it out of my mind.
bake sale week: raspberry lemonade bars I know this seems like a bit of a cop out, seeing as last year I made those lime bars, but the name of these just makes you want one, doesn’t it? It’s like one last throw back to the summertime captured in a cookie. raspberry lemonade bars for the crust: 9 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick, plus one tablespoon) 1/4 cup (50g) superfine sugar (or regular granulated) 1 cup (100g) of unbleached all-purpose flour pinch salt for the filling: 1 1/2 cups (287g) superfine sugar (or regular granulated) 3 egg whites 1 egg 2/3 cup (150mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 3 lemons) 2 tablespoons lemon zest (from 2 lemons) 2/3 cup (65g) unbleached, all-purpose flour pinch of salt 1-2 cups (150-275g) of frozen raspberries, defrosted 1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar 1.
Grasshopper Brownie Bars For the brownie base: 3/4 cups flour 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 tablespoon dark unsweetened cocoa powder (like Valrhona) 5 ounces good quality dark chocolate (60 to 72%), coarsely chopped 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into 1 inch cubes 3/4 cups sugar 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar 3 large eggs, at room temperature 1 teaspoons vanilla extract For the buttercream: 3/4 cups sugar 2 tablespoons flour 3/4 cup milk 2 tablespoons heavy cream 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter, softened but still cool, cut into small cubes 3 tablespoons creme de menthe 1 teaspoon peppermint extract For the chocolate glaze: 6 ounces good-quality dark chocolate (60 to 72%), coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon light corn syrup 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened, cut into cubes To make the brownie base: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter the sides and bottom of a glass or light-colored metal 9-by-13-inch pan. Line the bottom with a sheet of parchment paper, and butter the parchment.
Roasted Baby Potatoes Wow...these look like little pillows of perfection! I am such a potato junkie! Love this recipe! : ) Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting Cider mills, apples, cinnamon, doughnuts, sweaters, jeans, boots, leaves, football, tailgate parties, pies, soups, stews, chili...those are what come to mind when I think of fall. The air turns nice and crisp and I am immediately reminded of fall in Michigan, with all of the beautiful leaves and the perfect weather to leave the house wearing jeans, a sweater, cute boots and a scarf. My all-time favorite outfit. Another item that always comes to mind when I think of fall always puts a huge smile on my face. As soon as the first of October arrives, I immediately take out my fall decor from the storage closet and begin placing these beautiful little gems all around the house. I have quite the collection already and I'm always picking up more whenever I go to the store.
HOT CHOCOLATE ON A STICK recipe If you’re new here, welcome. I’m AmberLee, and since writing this post, I’ve opened up a little chocolate shop. I’d love to have you stop by, don’t forget to send me a hot chocolate flavor suggestion. Or say hello on facebook. I’d like that too. NOTE: If you blog this recipe, I’ll be thrilled and flattered. Million $$$ Brownies « ~ Katy ~ Ah, the Million Dollar Brownies. As a kid, I couldn’t get enough sugar, and sugar in chocolate form was (and still usually is) my sugar-high of choice. This recipe was in one of Mom’s favorite cookbooks, so I gave it a go and never stopped making them. In fact, the frosting was so delicious that I would secretly make batches of it and hide in the bathroom (the only rooms with locks on them) to eat it by myself–a major feat with 8 people in the house. This reminds me of Mary going to the Dairy Queen with Mom to get Buster Bars for everyone.
Brownie Cookies « Before I start telling you a little about these cookies, doesn’t the photo above just make you want to drool. I mean what is better than chocolate cookies and a big glass of milk? It reminds me of being a kid, when life was so simple and carefree. The Web’s Greatest Burger Recipes There’s a 99% chance you’ll be around a grill at some point this Memorial Day Weekend. Included in that 1% of people who aren’t are those too hungover to go outside and face the sun, those who somehow got caught at the office and the .0001% of the population that doesn’t like food off the grill. If you’re the one flipping the burgers and you want to give something new a try, or you want to hang on to a couple recipes for future barbecues, we present: The Web’s Greatest Burger Recipes. Logan County Hamburger There’s a good chance Billy Joel spent time drowning his sorrows after his divorce with Katie Lee because she would no longer be cooking up these bad-boys for the Piano Man any more.
I'm Hungry...: "Better than Potatoes" Cheesy Cauliflower Puree Welcome to IBIH to all of you newbies coming over from Pinterest! Please check out the Recipe Index for more creative low carb and gluten free recipes, or head over to the Cookbook page to download The Gluten Free Low Carber! There are lots of fun conversations going on over on the IBIH Facebook Page, so I hope you’ll join us over there! You can also follow on Twitter, Pinterest, and/or subscribe to IBIH by email or RSS so you don’t miss any of the new recipes being posted weekly! I love hearing from all of you, so please do feel free to comment or leave feedback anytime! Enjoy!