(Negative Punishment examples) Negative Punishment Examples and Scenarios
Nobody ever wants their stuff taken away. That is the main concept behind negative punishment. Using negative punishment example scenarios, gain an understanding of the concept and its effectiveness. Then, go on to explore the difference between positive and negative punishment. Exploring Negative Punishment The use of punishment is one way to deter or eliminate undesired behavior. When thinking of negative punishment, you might think of B.F. Examples of Negative Punishment When it comes to the real world, negative punishments are found everywhere. Missing Curfew A teenager has a curfew of 10 p.m. In this instance, the teen’s parents are taking away her speaker (something she values and enjoys) as punishment for missing curfew. Answering the Phone in School A teen answers his phone in the classroom, interrupting the teacher. Here, the teacher is hoping that by taking away the phone (positive item) as punishment, the teenager will not answer his phone in class again. Not Completing Work
Related: (Psy 108) Reinforcement and punishment that could be applied to promote road safety
• Reinforcement and Punishment on Teenagers: A Guide for Parents
• Parents' Guide to Influence Teenager's Behaviour - Reinforcement & Punishment
• A Guide for Parents: Reinforcement & Punishment in Teenagers
• What are reinforcement and punishment to parents? And how parents can use these to influence the behaviour of their teenage children.
• Understanding Different Parenting Styles with Psychology