Best Apps for Teachers
Get flash to fully experience Pearltrees
After the iPod revolutionized how society listened to music and the iPhone pushed the boundaries of smartphone technology, the iPad stands poised to alter the face of mobile computing. Many have praised its potential to make personal and professional lives that much easier – and that certainly includes the education industry! Teachers with a love of technology and a passion for nurturing the minds of their students can easily discover creative ways to incorporate the iPad into the daily routine, and some of these great educational and organizational applications are bound to help them get started.
Added by Jeff Dunn on 2011-11-22 So you just downloaded a few educational apps that you think might be useful in your classroom. How do you accurately compare and contrast them?
As I mentioned in my previous post, I intend to use my iPad to do as much of my work as possible and that includes setting up and producing this blog. I am using Blogspot for the blog as (a) its free and (b) I use Google Docs a lot so it made sense to stick with a Google service so I needed to find an app that would work with Blogspot. Step forward Blogpress, £1.79 from the app store, 2 minutes to set up and we're off!
An absolute gem of an article by John Brandon and Graham Barlow from MacLife on 30th March over at TechRadar .
If I had thirty iPads in my class, what would I do with them? How would I use them to help my students learn better and help me teach better?
How do I get Apps to this device? Or If you are new to the mobile world, what is an App? App or an application is a program that can be installed on to the device.
Click Images For Larger Versions Never before has it been so easy for teachers to access all their critical student data in one convenient place! Experience the power of TeacherLogic - the most user-friendly web-based Student Management Teacher Portal available today.
Infinite Campus Gradebook on Ipad
We’ve moved! Wired Educator’s new site is: http://www.wirededucator.com We really want you to see the new site.
After two weeks with my iPad, I have sold my laptop and dedicated my mobile life to my iPad. I am an educator by trade. For teaching, the iPad is the perfect tool for 95% of what I need a computer to do, and it turns out that the other 5% probably isn't as important as I thought it was.
Pages This Blog Apps for Teachers / Special Needs
Just to wrap up our week of apps for teachers here are some favourites that will make your iPad a little more productive in the classroom. Enjoy iWork Until Microsoft release office for the iPad iWork offers the MS Works equivalent of a productivity suite for the iPad. Pages, Numbers and Keynote make for a fairly impressive productivity suite for $30, or $10 each. Teaching & Classroom Resources @ www.theteachinglab.com The Elements: A Visual Exploration : Sounds a bit pricey for a periodic table, but the vividly animated illustrations of every substance our world is made of more than make up for it. $14