data is gathered, processed and stored when you use the Platform accessible at
the following address: http://www.pearltrees.com (the “Platform”).
your personal data is Pearltrees (hereinafter “Pearltrees”, “we”, “our” and “us”)), a
French Joint Stock Company with a share capital of 685 442,20 euros registered
in Paris, France under no. 504 599 267 with a registered address at 131
Boulevard Sébastopol, 75002 Paris, France.
can be contacted on its e-mail address: email@example.com.
and process a number of elements of information that may include your personal
data when you access and use the Platform, and in particular when:
- you fill in any form providing information on the Platform, such as upon registration or when you update the information of your user account,
- you link your account on the Platform to an account opened on a third party web site or social network (e.g. Facebook, Google, Twitter), within the limits permitted by the confidentiality parameters that you shall have defined on the third party web site involved.
2.1. The User’s contact details
register on the Platform, you will be asked to input a number of elements of
personal data that are needed for the creation of your user account, including:
- Name / Surname (Optional)
decide to subscribe to a "premium" offer on the Platform, your
banking information will also be collected. In such situation, Pearltrees will however not directly collect your credit
card data which will be processed and encrypted by a payment services provider
specialized in online payments and acting on behalf of Pearltrees.
2.2. Usage and connection data
use the Platform, we process data about your connection, i.e.
information that is automatically recorded by our servers when you access or
use the Platform, whether or not you are registered on the Platform or
connected to your user account.
connection data are your IP address, the date and time
when you accessed or used the Platform, your operating system, your connection
type, your mobile terminal type.
2.3. Information processed via cookies and other tracking technologies
mobile application identifiers. Cookies are tiny files that are inserted onto
the computers of visitors and Users of the Platform in order to facilitate
their browsing and personalise the services on offer via the Platform. Cookies
can also have advertising applications and we may enable our business partners
to use their cookies and other tracking technologies.
using Pearltrees, certain information about your
browsing on third-party sites will also be collected only when you enable the Pearltrees plug-ins registration feature on your web
more details about the cookies used and how to deactivate them, please see our cookies Policy.
2.4. Social network data
you decide to link your account on the Platform to an account opened on a third party web site or social network (e.g. Facebook,
Google, Twitter), we will collect the minimum information in order to create an
account on the Pearltrees Platform: email, name and
you decide to import files from a third party web site
or social network (e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox), a read-only access is granted
only for the time necessary to import your files into Pearltrees.
you decide to use a social network to find people you know on the Plateform (e.g. Facebook, Twitter,
Google) or you want to share content to people outside the Plateform,
we will access temporarily your contacts to perform the desired action but
these information won’t be collected by Pearltrees.
process and store your personal data for the following purposes:
- When you use the Platform and set up a user account, your personal data is processed and stored in order to enable the creation of your user account and for the purpose of administering the services offered by the Platform, in accordance with the terms and conditions of our Platform. The processing of your personal data is thus based on compliance with our contractual commitments.
- We also gather data concerning your connection to and use of the Platform, in order to operate, protect, improve and optimise the Platform, our services and our Users’ experience, even if they do not have a user account, for instance to perform analyses and searches, personalise or otherwise adapt the user experience on the Platform. The processing of this usage and connection data is in this respect founded on our legitimate interest to provide and improve our services. We are also required to keep your connection data in application of French law "LCEN" n ° 2004-575 of June 21, 2004.
- We may also use your personal data in order to send you information that might be of interest to you, concerning the Platform and our services, or to send you marketing, advertising or commercial information about new services similar to those that you already use on the Platform. This processing of your personal data is thus in this respect founded on our legitimate interest to communicate about our services to already registered users.
personal data will only be accessible by Pearltrees
authorized persons and for the purposes strictly necessary for their respective
roles. This could include members of the following teams: Customer Services,
Support Service and Technical Support.
We may also
share your personal data in the following situations:
- Your personal data may also be communicated to the police (if required by law) or to any person legally authorized to receive this information (by order of the judge).
endeavour to secure the personal data of the Users appropriately and have taken
all useful precautions in order to preserve and ensure that our hosting
subcontractors preserve the security and the confidentiality of this data, and
in particular prevent it from being distorted, damaged or disclosed to
method of transferring data over the Internet and no method of storing data
electronically is 100% reliable. We therefore cannot guarantee the security of
the data that is sent to us nor that of the personal data that we hold. Any
security breach shall however be notified to you in strict compliance with the
All of the
personal data that we gather is hosted in France. We do not transfer any
personal data to third parties that are based outside of France.
personal data is destroyed immediately when your user account is closed.
personal data will also be destroyed if you do not access your user account for
over five (5) years.
unsubscribe from the Platform at any point in time by following the appropriate
procedure, as described below:
1. Connect to the Platform and key in your connection identifiers ,
2. Click on the parameters button and “Account”
3. Click on “Delete my account”
4. Confirm that you wish to delete your user account by entering your password.
You can also review, update,
correct or delete your personal data directly within your user account on the
Platform, at any point in time.
In order to facilitate the
search of videos, Pearltrees uses YouTube APIs whose
clicking on this link.
In order to facilitate
editing of documents created with Microsoft Office, Pearltrees
uses Office Online services. Files et related metadata (document URL and
anonymous identifier) live inside Office server memory during document edition
and are deleted afterwards.
the right to access, object to, rectify, request portability, erase and oppose
to the processing of your personal data for personal reasons. You also have the
right to set guidelines regarding your personal data after your death.
rights may be exercised immediately upon receipt of a written request sent to:
- Broceliand, 129 boulevard Saint Germain, 75006 Paris, France
Or by electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
about the use of your personal data may also be addressed to the CNIL, 3 Place
de Fontenoy - TSA 80715 - 75334 PARIS CEDEX 07.