Unsw. Pharmacy. Wikifarm. Bricklaying. Desktop virtualisation has arrived at Macquarie - News@MQ - Macquarie University. It’s not every day a university student has access to leading edge technology before it becomes commercially widespread.
Now, Macquarie students can reap the benefits as the traditional stand-alone PC makes way for new virtualisation technology. “As an alternative to the traditional ‘stand-alone PC on a desk’ approach, the new virtual PC lab in building C5C showcases exciting virtualisation technology in a working environment,” said Kerry Agars, IT Services Project Manager. “The new lab adds value and is a strategic move for the university.” OMNIUM - The Conversation - Part 1 | Notes on Design. The following post is the first part of an ongoing conversation between guest authors Rick Bennett and Andy Polaine, friends and partners in Omnium – a research group of academics, designers, artists, programmers and writers who work collaboratively (and from different countries) to explore the potential the Internet allows for what they term – online collaborative creativity (OCC).
We asked Rick and Andy to explore the topic of online collaboration through a collaborative online conversation. Stay tuned over the next few weeks (or months?) As this unique meeting of minds unfolds: Windows on Learning: Resources for Basic Skills Education. iPeer. 2009-Horizon.K12-Preview.pdf (application/pdf Object) Information Technology Services: Teaching and Learning. The ITS Teaching and Learning (ITS-TL) division focuses on instructional technology applications and integration to support the University’s academic mission.
The division includes these service groups: Classroom Design, Lab Support, and Interactive (for the Collaborative Learning Environment CLE support). Use the links to the left to learn more about each team’s services, projects, and customer service goals. Herbert Kohl and the enigma of not-learning. August 1st, 2007 | Category: Learning | Comments are closed “To agree to learn from a stranger who does not respect your integrity causes a major loss of self.
The only alternative is to not learn and reject the stranger’s world.” - Herbert Kohl, from “I Won’t Learn from You” American educator Herbert Kohl’s “I Won’t Learn from You” is a compelling essay about the complex relationship between a learner’s social context and their motivation to learn. Characteristics of High Quality Technology Teaching and Learning. University Digital Commons. Multicolr Search Lab - Idée Inc. 6 Unique Twitter Visualizations. Art, imagery, graphs, and maps help place context and a visual component to numbers, locations, and data.
Twitter, the ultimate collection of 140-character thoughts and data, does not come with image sharing, video embedding, or almost any other visual feature. However, it does come with an API and hundreds of people developing Twitter applications all the time. When reading the Twitter stream becomes stale or repetitive, try using some useful and fun Twitter applications that visualize trends, map out locations, or just please the senses. Power Up with E-Tools. Footprints » Footprints Carbon Calculator. Twitter Handbook for Teachers. It’s not about Web 2.0 it’s about learning! « The Thinking Stick. Today I had the pleasure of doing a short presentation for our IB Theory of Knowledge class.
I was invited in to give a lesson on how knowledge is changing in the 21st century. My first thought was “How do I tell students knowledge has changed, when they already know that?” Social Networking in Education. The National School Boards Association in the U.S. has released a research report on the use of online social networking by students, titled Creating and Connecting (caution: it’s a pdf file).
While some of the findings are not surprising, some others are. Here’s a quick take on some of the findings. Overall, an astonishing 96 percent of students with online access report that they ever used any social networking technologies, such as chatting, text messaging, blogging and visiting online communities… Staggering as the 96 percent statistic is, it is intriguing to wonder what the other 4 percent is doing.
Online Social Networking And Education: Study Reports On New Generations Social And Creative Interconnected Lifestyles - Robin Good's Latest News. 15 Things I'd Love to Teach. I recently applied for a curriculum coordinator position in my district school board, and although my current regional position in some ways restricts my ability to teach relevant skills to educators, there are many 21st century skills I'd love to share with local colleagues. 1] How to model academic integrity in your teaching; 2] How to harness universal designs for learning;