Forums

Facebook Twitter

CSS Creator | Styling the web

We have reached 10 years old, a fair age for any website. Actually the domain was registered in October 2002, the site started with the CSS Generator and I added the forum in March 2003. So we are actually closer to 10.5 years old. I would like to thank all the people who have been involved, specially the moderators who keep this place running when I leave it in auto pilot mode. Over that time we have seen many great people come and go. CSS Creator | Styling the web

digital point

digital point THE search engine. This is for discussion about Google as a company, not for discussion of individual sites (SEO, PageRank for a site or "why a site ranks where it does" questions) or Google search results. For anything related to Yahoo as a company or their search engine.
Cancer is insidious, of course, but its tendrils spread in more ways than you might think. (This is all true for pretty much any cancer, even the ones that aren’t aggressive and aren’t pediatric, but I’m the parent of a child with aggressive pediatric cancer, so that’s what I’m going to talk about.) The most obvious insidiousness is the way that many cancers send out thin fibers, interpenetrating healthy tissue, hiding literally microscopic reservoirs in places it can’t be seen. meyerweb.com

meyerweb.com

National Center for Supercomputing Applications at the Universit {*style:<ol>*} {*style:<li>*} {*img:mdd2fc105a6d62732e368067ebc08adb8,l=400x225,w=270x152,f=187x105,i=400x225:400:225:http://www.ncsa.illinois.edu/assets/img/news_140403_gordo.jpg*} {*style:<h3>*}{*style:<a href='http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/april/nasa-hubble-team-finds-monster-el-gordo-galaxy-cluster-bigger-than-thought/'>*}Hubble Team Finds Monster ‘El Gordo’ Galaxy Cluster Bigger Than Thought{*style:</a>*}{*style:</h3>*} {*style:<br>*} NCSA's Felipe Menanteau was part of the team that weighed the largest known galaxy cluster in the distant universe, nicknamed El Gordo, calculating its mass to be as much as 3 million billion times the mass of our sun.

National Center for Supercomputing Applications at the Universit

CSS Pedia - CSS Tips, Tutorial and Resource Gallery
Stripes in CSS Stripes are pretty easy to do in CSS these days. CSS gradients via the background-image property really got our back. I thought I’d document some varitions in one easy to reference place

CSS-Tricks

CSS-Tricks

Smashing Magazine

Interview With Khajag Apelian“Type Design Is Not Only About Drawing Letters” Having started his career studying under some of the best typographic minds in the world, Khajag Apelian not only is a talented type and graphic designer, unsurprisingly, but also counts Disney as a client, as well as a number of local and not-for-profit organizations throughout the Middle East. Even more impressive is Khajag’s willingness to take on work that most people would find too challenging. Designing a quality typeface is a daunting task when it’s only in the Latin alphabet. Smashing Magazine
W3C Notes

Experiments with cascading style sheets

Experiments with cascading style sheets What it's all about... Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a simple mechanism for adding style (e.g. fonts, colors, spacing) to Web documents. The above quote, taken from the W3C website, is one of the reasons for this site. Whilst I agree that it is a mechanism for adding style to web documents, I do not agree that it is a SIMPLE mechanism. It can be very complicated, as I found out when I took my first steps down this path.