Among the other contributions of Hadrian to his hometown are the reconstruction of a road, as is shown by a milestone that was excavated near Italica. The inscription Hadrianus Aug[ustus] fecit means that the emperor Hadrian ordered the construction of the road. The main products of the Italican economy, stone and olive oil, were carried to the river port along this road. The inscription is now in the Museo Arqueológico of Seville. Among the military units attested in Italica are the Seventh legion Gemina (CIL, 2.1125) and the Third cohors Gallica. A shift of the course of the Gudalquivir caused the city's decline. Italica (Santiponce): History
Conjunto Arqueológico de Itálica. Portal de Museos y Conjuntos Arqueológicos y Monumentales de Andalucía
The Roman amphitheatre at Italica seated 25,000 The city of Italica (Spanish: Itálica; north of modern day Santiponce, 9 km NW of Seville, Spain) was founded in 206 BC by the Roman general Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus in order to settle Roman soldiers wounded in the Battle of Ilipa, where the Carthaginian army was defeated during the Second Punic War. The name Italica bound the colonia to their Italian origins. History The 2nd-century Venus of Italica, found in 1940 near the theatre (Museo Arqueológico, Seville) Italica
Gibraltar Gibraltar (/dʒɨˈbrɔːltər/), is a British Overseas Territory located on the southern end of the Iberian Peninsula at the entrance of the Mediterranean. It has an area of 2.3 square miles (6.0 km2) and a northern border with the Province of Cádiz in Andalusia, Spain. The Rock of Gibraltar is the only landmark of the region. At its foot is the densely populated city area, home to almost 30,000 Gibraltarians and other nationalities. An Anglo-Dutch force captured Gibraltar from Spain in 1704 during the War of the Spanish Succession on behalf of the Habsburg pretender to the Spanish throne. The territory was subsequently ceded to Britain "in perpetuity" under the Treaty of Utrecht in 1713.
Located in the eastern corner of the Granada Province of Andalucia on the left bank of the river Guadix is the City of Guadix, The city has a population of around 20,000 live in this Andalucian city which occupies part of an elevated plateau nestled amongst the northern foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountain range. It is surrounded by anciant walls and you can still see the ruins of the old Moorish castle that stood here. There is a Cathedral in the city built in the 18th century on the site of a mosque which is well worth a visit although it does not have the same architectural merit of some of Andalucia´s more famous Cathedrals. Guadix-The Home Of The Cave Dwellers by Andalucia Travel Guide
El entorno de la Cueva es un poderoso macizo de caliza blanco grisácea que se perfila sobre 1.400 metros de altitud máxima y que constituye la parte malagueña del P. N. Sierra de Grazalema. Desde la atalaya en la que se encuentra la Cueva se disfruta de excelentes vistas, un terreno áspero donde destaca la singular planicie que se abre a nuestros pies ladera abajo: la Hoya de la Cueva (Hoyo de Harillo). Estamos en el dominio de la roca, desprovista aquí de toda vegetación, salvo especies fisurícolas, algunas de ellas endémicas, junto con acebuches, yedras y encinas que ocupan las grietas mayores. Abundan las formaciones de origen kárstico y la caliza es, si el agua se ha ocupado de ello, peligrosamente afilada. La cueva de La Pileta > Situación | The cave of La Pileta > Situation