Videomuseum - Réseau des collections publiques d'art moderne et contemporain War Memorial Gardens Contact Details Address: Islandbridge, Dublin 8Telephone No: +353 1 475 7816 (gardens)Fax No: +353 1 475 5287Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Directions: Please click here. Opening Hours Gardens Open all Year: Garden Opening Times: Mon-Fri 08.00, Sat-Sun 10.00Garden Closing Times: According to Daylight hoursAccess to Bookrooms: by arrangement with local management Swiss National Museums Three museums – the National Museum Zurich, the Castle of Prangins and the Forum of Swiss History Schwyz – as well as the collections centre in Affoltern am Albis – are united under the umbrella of the Swiss National Museum (SNM). The permanent exhibitions at the museums present Swiss cultural history from its beginnings to the present, and give an insight into Swiss identity and the rich tapestry of our country’s history and culture. Temporary exhibitions on current topics add to the experience. The SNM is also responsible for curating the Guild House ‘Zur Meisen’ Zurich and the Museo doganale Cantine di Gandria. Current special exhibitions
Le Musée du Rock’n’Roll du Québec Le Musée du Rock’n’Roll du Québec se met sur son 33, charge le « Rock’n’Roll Express » et prend la route en direction de Rouyn-Noranda! Dans le cadre du Festival des guitares du Monde en Abitibi-Témiscamingue (FGMAT), on déballe pénates et guitares pour y présenter l’exposition « D’Elvis aux Beatles : La naissance du rock’n’roll au Québec ». Du 26 mai au 2 juin, les rockeurs québécois de 1956 à 1964 investiront donc l’Espace Noranda (179, avenue Murdoch) en grande et belle compagnie, nul autre que le grand Hal Willis, qui aura pour tâche d’inaugurer cette nouvelle édition de l’exposition présentée à Montréal en 2011. L’équipe du Musée profitera aussi de cette rare visite du précurseur originaire de Normétal maintenant établi à Nashville pour l’introniser officiellement au Panthéon du rock’n’roll québécois et souligner sa contribution aux premiers balbutiements du rock’n’roll au Québec.
Belgique : Musées Royaux des Beaux Arts National Museum of Ireland Archaeology Kildare Street Dublin 2 Discover gold, bog bodies, ceramics, glass, Viking artefacts as well many other archaeological objects found in Ireland and around the world. Visitor Information Visiting our Kildare Street site? Valentia Transatlantic Cable Station A brief history Prior to the laying of the Transatlantic Cable it took approximately two weeks from a message to reach North America from Europe… weather permitting as all communications were sent via boat. The idea of a transatlantic cable was first proposed in 1845, but the distances and depths presented formidable problems. In 1856 the Atlantic Telegraph Company was registered with a capital of £350,000 (then about $1,400,000). On the American side Cyrus W.
The Famine Memorial and The World Poverty Stone - Dublin Docklands The Famine Memorial 'Famine' (1997) was commissioned by Norma Smurfit and presented to the City of Dublin in 1997. The sculpture is a commemorative work dedicated to those Irish people forced to emigrate during the 19th century Irish Famine. The bronze sculptures were designed and crafted by Dublin sculptor Rowan Gillespie and are located on Custom House Quay in Dublin's Docklands. This location is a particularly appropriate and historic as one of the first voyages of the Famine period was on the 'Perserverance' which sailed from Custom House Quay on St. Patrick's Day 1846.
General Post Office, Dublin The General Post Office (GPO; Irish: Ard-Oifig an Phoist) in Dublin is the headquarters of the Irish Post Office, An Post, and Dublin's principal post office. Sited in the centre of O'Connell Street, the city's main thoroughfare, it is one of Ireland's most famous buildings, and was the last of the great Georgian public buildings erected in the capital. Architecture History A sign on the external wall of the General Post Office, with the building's name (Irish: Árd-Oifig an Phuist) in traditional Gaelic script and using an older spelling that predates Irish orthography reforms of the 1960s.
Merrion Square Georgian façade of Merrion Square, Dublin Merrion Square (Irish: Cearnóg Mhuirfean) is a Georgian garden square on the southside of Dublin city centre. History The square was laid out after 1762 and was largely complete by the beginning of the 19th century. O'Connell Street O'Connell Monument, the memorial to Daniel O'Connell, the 19th-century nationalist leader, by sculptor John Henry Foley, which stands at the entrance to the street named after him. O'Connell Street (Irish: Sráid Uí Chonaill) is Dublin's main thoroughfare. It measures 49 m (160 ft) in width at its southern end, 46 m (150 ft) at the north, and is 500 m (1650 ft) in length. Casino at Marino Name The name 'Casino' is the diminutive form of the 18th-century Italian word 'Casa' meaning 'House', thus 'Little House', and is not used in the modern sense of "gambling establishment". After his 9-year Grand Tour of Italy and Greece, Caulfield was taken with all things Italian, and decided to add a 'little house' to his estate, which he had already named after the town of Marino in Lazio. Design
The Belfast Murals - Antrim, z_Top Ten Outside Dublin - Choose Ireland The Belfast Murals Page last updated by Michael Heraghty on July 31, 2015 Trinity College, Dublin Coordinates: Trinity College (Irish: Coláiste na Tríonóide) is the sole constituent college of the University of Dublin, a research university in Ireland. The college was founded in 1592 as the "mother" of a new university,[Note 1] modelled after the collegiate universities of Oxford and of Cambridge, but, unlike these, only one college was ever established; as such, the designations "Trinity College" and "University of Dublin" are usually synonymous for practical purposes. It is one of the seven ancient universities of Britain and Ireland, as well as Ireland's oldest university. Originally it was established outside the city walls of Dublin in the buildings of the dissolved Augustinian Priory of All Hallows. Trinity College was set up in part to consolidate the rule of the Tudor monarchy in Ireland, and it was seen as the university of the Protestant Ascendancy for much of its history.