background preloader

Type Theory

Type Theory
Just My Type I know what you’re thinking: One more collection of classic typeface examples from your colleagues & contemporaries to throw on the pile, right? Wrong. Chances are, if you’re reading this blog, you are already well-versed in design, regularly work with fonts / typefaces and probably have that aforementioned stack of books. Simon Garfield’s “Just My Type: A Book About Fonts” delivers for this crowd as well as the average layperson who might unknowingly still commit the unspeakable crime of Comic Sans. Garfield’s plan is not to showcase existing work like so many books-about-fonts already do; rather, his aim is “to extend awareness and to celebrate our relationship with letters”.

Painted Ad » Galleries In these galleries, it is our intent is to showcase some of the better, more interesting, wall signs photographed then and now. It is a long-overdue undertaking since, up until now, my sign photos have been stored in various places – boxes, drawers, slide holders, photo albums, mounted and framed, and more. The task of creating a website causes me to take inventory – nearly four decades worth – and to ponder anew the value and meaning of this quaint advertising genre and, perhaps most satisfying, place them all under one roof, so to speak. I began photographing wall signs in 1974 in and around Bellingham, Washington and continue to this day. I have lived in St.

World of Logotypes Uniforms Unlimited Inc. | USA | Designed by Thomas A. Rigsby Art Gallery X | Designed by Paul Orvath Tufline | Canada 60 Rare and Unusual Vintage Signs - Smashing Magazine Advertisement In the U.S., most outdoor signs made between 1890 and and 1950 were constructed of a base of heavy rolled iron, which was die cut into the desired shape, then coated with layers of colored powdered glass and fired in a kiln. This process made them durable and weather-resistant. Signs made this way were known as porcelain enamel signs or simply enamel signs. Porcelain enamel signs originated in Germany and were imported into the U.S.

The 100 best free fonts In this freshly updated free fonts for designers post, we bring you the world's best free fonts. We've filtered out the diamonds from the thousands of less perfectly designed free fonts available online, for you to use in your designs and illustrations. Get Adobe Creative Cloud now AisleOne Straight Pride UK claims ‘it’s not easy to be straight’ because straight people are ‘persecuted’ A group named Straight Pride UK, which claims to aim for “full straight equality”, has taken to twitter to claim that straight people are “persecuted every day”, and that it is “not easy to be straight”. The group also doubled down on yesterday’s claims about the proportion of gay to straight people at Glastonbury festival, saying 99% of people they asked said they were straight, and the other 1% said they “used to be gay”. Straight Pride UK describes itself as: “A small group of people campaigning for the same rights as homosexuals, the right to Pride..”, its website goes on to claim that the British Government only listens to the gay community, and that heterosexuals are overlooked. Today, as London geared up for its annual Pride in London LGBT pride event, Straight Pride claimed that it is “not easy being straight”, as straight people are “persecuted” daily. Being straight is not easy under the circumstances of our society.

OK Great 100+ Free Floral Pattern Collections In designing, you can use different techniques for there are varieties of choices on how you can make your design look more appealing. Depending on your style and your design concept, you can make use of various patterns which comes in a variety of colors, shapes, and designs. You can surely find the right pattern for your project especially that there are so many free patterns you can find on the web. Today, we will once again give you free patterns to download. This time, we will offer you Floral Patterns that will surely aid you in creating better designs.

I love Typograph Free PSD Files: 30 New Photoshop PSDs for Designers Free download highest quality PSD files, these are handpicked free PSD files for designers. Freebies included psd graphics, business cards, mockup designs and many useful Photoshop files for web UI and graphic designs. All free PSD files are high-resolution and fully layered and available for commercial usage. You may be interested in the following modern related articles as well.

25 Free Simple Black Seamless Patterns For Website Backgrounds Who does not like to give an awesome and inspiring look to his website? A perfect design and creative look of a website counts a lot. Beautiful pattern of a site stands out massively. Now it is way easier to make your website’s background attractive and appealing that can highlight the design and push it into the spotlight. I have arranged a beautiful post for you so that you can make your websites’ layouts more stunning.