PE4Learning.com Putting Art On the Map - A Google Maps and Earth Activity When I conduct workshops on Google Maps and Google Earth I always point out that the uses for those tools extend beyond the realm of geography and history. I was reminded of that point by reading a recent post on Maps Mania. That post featured maps of art galleries around the world. Students can map the locations of where a piece of art is housed, where it was created, where the artist lived, and the places that inspired the artist. This project can be accomplished by using either Google's My Maps (formerly Maps Engine Lite), Google Earth Tour Builder, or Google Earth. 10 Benefits of Rising Early, and How to Do It “Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise” – Ben Franklin, famously “Put no trust in the benefits to accrue from early rising, as set forth by the infatuated Franklin …” – Mark Twain By Leo Babauta Recently, reader Rob asked me about my habit of waking at 4:30 a.m. each day, and asked me to write about the health benefits of rising early, which I thought was an excellent question. Unfortunately, there are none, that I know of. However, there are a ton of other great benefits. Now, let me first say that if you are a night owl, and that works for you, I think that’s great. Greet the day. How to Become an Early Riser Don’t make drastic changes.
Primary PE Teaching Resources & Printables Physical Education display banner (Ref: SB6448) A printable banner for your school’s Physical Education display. How do inquiry teachers….teach? When I first became fascinated in inquiry-based approaches (too many years ago to say!), the focus for many of my conversations and indeed, my early research, was on how to plan. Back then, learning about inquiry helped me shift my thinking from planning thematically – or even in a more genuinely integrated way, to planning with a learning process in mind. Understanding inquiry helped me think more carefully about learning. Planning was no longer focused on making clever curriculum connections – it was about designing a process that would scaffold thinking from the known to the unknown, from shallow to deep and that would place the learner at the heart of all we did. My planning got better – much better. This emergent approach to planning is central to the inquiry teacher’s repertoire and remains a significant part of the work I do…but over the last few years in particular, I find myself thinking so much more about what happens when this plan gets put into action. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.
TeachPE.com - physical education and coaching information site Niice. A search engine with taste. 71 Weight Loss Tips and Secrets Updated: January 22, 2014Author: Rod Ferris B.A., CPT (ACE, YMCA), CPAFLA To lose weight you need to go about it the same way you would achieve anything. Set realistic goals, expectations and fill yourself with the most up-to-date knowledge out there. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 90 10 rule The 90% to 10% rule implies that you eat right 90% of the time and eat 'ok' the other 10% of the time. 14. 15. 16.Weigh yourself daily I'm not saying to go crazy but just be aware of your gains and loses, it will help keep you on the track to improvement. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40. 41. 42. 43. 44. 45. 46. 47. 48. 49. 50. 51. 52. 53. 54. 55. 56. 57. 58. 59. 60. 61. 62. 63. 64. melting, muscle pumping muscle? 65. 66. 67. 68. 69. 70. 71. Check out our TOP 30 Tips to change your Body.