Cherry Blossom

Facebook Twitter
Poor sleep – as anyone who suffers from it knows – can make life a misery. And it is taking its toll on the nation's health. According to the recently published Great British Sleep Survey, more than 51% of us now struggle to get a good night's sleep, with women three times more likely to be affected than men. How to beat insomnia and sleep easy | Life and style How to beat insomnia and sleep easy | Life and style
A Brief History of Time
Elecciones 2012 (Andrés Manuel Lopez Obrador), Recorded on 4/23/12 lmuia on USTREAM. Educativo
William Primrose plays the 1st Movement of Bartok's Viola Concerto
Edvard Grieg: Peer Gynt Suite No.1
Venus, Júpiter y la Luna ofrecerán un espectáculo estelar - Yahoo! CABO CAÑAVERAL, Florida, EE.UU. (AP) — Quienes miren el cielo nocturno este fin de semana podrían gozar de un panorama singular. El sábado y el domingo, Venus, Júpiter y la Luna convergerán en un brillante espectáculo nocturno. Venus y Júpiter ya se están alineando en el cielo occidental. Venus, Júpiter y la Luna ofrecerán un espectáculo estelar - Yahoo!
New York, NY - At a time when it's become a cliché to say that Occupy Wall Street has changed the nation's political conversation - drawing long overdue attention to the struggles of the 99 per cent - electoral politics and the 2012 presidential election have become almost exclusively defined by the one per cent. Or, to be more precise, the .000063 per cent. Those are the 196 individual donors who have provided nearly 80 per cent of the money raised by Super PACs in 2011 by giving $100,000 or more each. These political action committees, spawned by the Supreme Court's 5-4 Citizens United decision in January 2010, can raise unlimited amounts of money from individuals, corporations, or unions for the purpose of supporting or opposing a political candidate. The 0.0000063% election The 0.0000063% election
Mexican Professionals Group News Our site tracks LatAm companies and corporate elites, and empowers citizen stakeholders to hold them accountable. 1% of Latin America is preventing the other 99% from accessing democracy and development. This is the most unequal region on earth. Mexico is home to the world’s richest man, Carlos Slim Helú, worth US$ 62 billion. Mexican Professionals Group News

«Nous avons sauvé les gens plutôt que les banques»

«Nous avons sauvé les gens plutôt que les banques» L'ancien ministre de l'Economie argentin Roberto Lavagna, 69 ans, est le principal artisan du redressement de l'Argentine engluée dans une terrible crise économique il y a dix ans. Lorsqu'il prend ses fonctions, en avril 2002, le peso vient d'être dévalué de 70%, le pays est en cessation de paiement, la dette privée s'élève à plus de 72 milliards d'euros, l'inflation annuelle flirte avec les 125% par an, le chômage explose, les petits épargnants sont ruinés et les troubles sociaux ont déjà fait plus de 30 morts dans le pays. Cet ancien ambassadeur auprès de l'Union européenne décide immédiatement de se passer de « l'aide » du Fonds monétaire international (FMI) et des marchés financiers. Quelques pistes à suivre pour la Grèce. Quelles sont les grandes similitudes entre la crise argentine de 2001-2002 et la crise grecque ?
The case for cosmopolitanism - Talk to Al Jazeera Professor Kwame Anthony Appiah is a philosopher advocating a school of thought he calls 'cosmopolitanism'. It is an idea and way of being that the highest circles in Washington decided to recognise last week when the professor was awarded the National Humanities Award by Barack Obama, the US president. He tells Al Jazeera what cosmopolitanism means, describing it as: "A tradition of thought that tries to develop the metaphor of the idea that we are all citizens of the world." So, what does this mean for how one defines oneself in terms of race, religion, class or nationality? The case for cosmopolitanism - Talk to Al Jazeera
Investment bankers in drag Melbourne, Australia - Responsible investing - despite what the appellation "responsible" might suggest - is not about investing morally. In fact, such investors commonly view ethical concerns as a values-based distraction from the primary task of making money. As such, responsible investors (let's give them the moniker, "Ms Responsible") do not exclude companies or industry sectors for being unethical or harmful to the natural environment, human society, or the economy. The issue of climate change, for example, only matters in so far as it affects financial returns. Investment bankers in drag