LBS Carriers/ phoneNetworks
Get flash to fully experience Pearltrees
China Mobile Limited ( simplified Chinese : 中国移动通信 ; traditional Chinese : 中國移動通信 ; pinyin : Zhōngguó Yídòng Tōngxìn ) is a Chinese state-owned [ 5 ] telecommunication company that provides mobile voice and multimedia services [ 6 ] through its nationwide mobile telecommunications network. [ 2 ] The company likely remains one of the largest mobile telecommunications companies by market capitalization today, and it was named as such in March 2011. [ 7 ] It is listed on both the NYSE and the Hong Kong stock exchange . [ 2 ]
Vodafone Group Plc is a British multinational telecommunications company headquartered in London and with its registered office in Newbury, Berkshire . [ 2 ] It is the world's second-largest mobile telecommunications company measured by both subscribers and 2011 revenues (in each case behind China Mobile ), and had 439 million subscribers as of December 2011. [ 3 ] [ 4 ] [ 5 ] Vodafone owns and operates networks in over 30 countries and has partner networks in over 40 additional countries. [ 6 ] Its Vodafone Global Enterprise division provides telecommunications and IT services to corporate clients in over 65 countries.
The Vodafone – Foursquare partnership expanded under-the-radar beyond the UK in June, with the geolocation startup now featured by Vodafone in Australia and Portugal.
Vodafone’s purchase two years ago of Wayfinder for 230 million Swedish crowns (roughly $31 million USD) to backbone its location services is now, brace yourself, being given away!
Pocket Life , the geo-location social network initially created out of Vodafone’s Innovation lab in Australia, has released its new Facebook app , bringing real-time geo-location integration to Facebook. The release, just in time for the f8 Facebook developer conference which starts this Wednesday, is a market first according to the makers, Pocketweb. The app was actually released quietly today and will be officially launched later on in the week.
Verizon Wireless (officially Cellco Partnership d/b/a Verizon Wireless ) is the largest mobile network operator in the United States, providing wireless services to 115.78 million subscribers as of Q4 2012. [ 4 ] Headquartered in Basking Ridge , New Jersey the company is a joint venture of American telecommunications firm Verizon Communications and UK-based Vodafone . [ 5 ] Verizon Communications holds 55 percent ownership and Vodafone hold the remaining 45 percent ownership of the joint venture. [ 6 ] [ 7 ]
One of the hottest categories in tech is location-based services (LBS).
From chip makers to mobile phone giants to tiny upstarts, location-based services are seen as the wireless world’s pot of gold. Among those looking to dip into that pot is Geodelic , a Santa Monica, Calif.
Owners of T-Mobile's G1 phone might be getting the latest version of Google's Android operating system, if rumors are to be believed.
HTC Corporation ( Chinese : 宏達國際電子股份有限公司 ; pinyin : Hóngdá Guójì Diànzǐ Gǔfèn Yǒuxiàn Gōngsī , lit.
It's just about confirmed now: Google will sell its own phone, built by HTC and named the Nexus One. It will sell the Google Phone online and unlocked, so you'll need to buy your cellular service separately. The entire user experience is designed by Google , according to the WSJ .
Op 5 juni 2012 is de telecommunicatiewet aangepast. Daarom vragen we nu jouw toestemming.
Dutch telecom group KPN has agreed to acquire the 44% of U.S.
More indications that carriers worldwide are taking an active role to leverage the growth in popularity of location services and augmented reality today came from Singapore carrier SingTel, which is releasing two apps to the public (and a third app for subscribers only that is a price comparison app) today. Property Buddy The first app is a called Property Buddy and is available for the iPhone 3GS (and we’re assuming the iPhone 4), with an Android app in the works. The augmented reality app allows users to point their camera phones at residential properties for real-time overlays of property information from Singapore’s Urban Redevelopment Authority, including prices and available properties. Go!
Google announced a new communication service this week – you can dial up your friends and talk to them on their phones through your computer.