background preloader


Facebook Twitter

Sa116a 1206en. Affordable respectful funerals. Western Australia. Australian Funeral Directors Association - Professional Standards in the Funeral Industry. Bereavement Payment - Australian Government Department of Human Services. Helps ease the adjustment to changed financial circumstances after the death of your partner, child or person you were caring for.

Bereavement Payment - Australian Government Department of Human Services

When an adult has died Eligibility You may be eligible for Bereavement Payment if either: your partner dies and when they died you were both receiving: you are caring for an adult who dies and you were receiving Carer Payment for them you are receiving Carer Allowance for an adult who dies, and also an income support payment other than Carer Payment that does not qualify you for a Bereavement Payment, or your partner was a member of the Pension Bonus Scheme and died before making a claim for the bonus For some payments, such as Carer Payment, Wife Pension and Partner Allowance, the payment may continue for 14 weeks following the death to give you time to seek other income support if necessary. Payments The type and amount of Bereavement Payment you receive will depend on your individual circumstances and when we are notified of the person's death.

Carer Allowance. Social work services - Australian Government Department of Human Services. Social workers can provide short term counselling, support and information to help you through a difficult time and refer you to other support services.

Social work services - Australian Government Department of Human Services

How we can help you Social workers can help if you are experiencing a crisis, are in need of support, or are unsure how to access the right assistance. People of all ages can talk to social workers about a range of issues, including: family and domestic violence homelessness relationship breakdown loss and bereavement mental health and addictions Social workers provide: short term counselling and support for difficult personal or family issues information about government and community support services and referrals to them support for difficulties you are having in meeting our obligations or your requirements Trained and accredited All our social workers hold a social work degree accredited by the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).

Who we help Mental health Experiencing violence Natural disaster support Privacy Manage your money. What to do following a death - Australian Government Department of Human Services. We provide payments, counselling and financial services to help people adjust to life after someone close to them has died.

What to do following a death - Australian Government Department of Human Services

What happens first When someone dies, a doctor must sign a certificate that confirms the death. Probate FAQs. 1.

Probate FAQs

When can an application for a grant of probate or letters of administration be lodged? An application for a grant may be made on motion ex parte to the Registrar in Chambers at any time after 14 days from the death of the deceased; and all papers in support thereof shall be filed in the registry (see Non-Contentious Probate Rules r.6 (1).) 2. What happens where the deceased person has left a will that appoints an executor? An application for a grant may be made at any time after 14 days from the death of the deceased. 3.

Dying without a will. This is general information about the law.

Dying without a will

You should seek legal advice about your individual situation. "Intestacy" is where a person dies: without leaving a will, orleaving a will which, for some reason, does not deal with all their property (estate). With this information, the word "estate" means all the land, property and assets of a deceased person. Estate Lawyers Western Australia. When a person dies leaving a valid Will, that Will will appoint an executor to manage estate affairs after death.

Estate Lawyers Western Australia

Where a person dies intestate, without a Will, then certain people named under the Administration Act 1903 are entitled to bring an application for Letters of Administration and to have themselves appointed as the administrator. An administrator has the same roles and responsibilities as an executor, however unlike an executor who may have his or her powers listed in the Will, an administrator has only those powers that the Administration Act 1903, the Trustees Act 1962 and the common law impose on him or her. Section 25 of the Administration Act 1903 stipulates that the following people are eligible to apply for letters of administration (provided they are also over the age of 18 years and have mental capacity):

Intestacy. Deceased estate. Intestacy Lawyers In Perth. What is intestacy?

Intestacy Lawyers In Perth

Intestacy is when a deceased has left an estate or assets but did not create a legal Will during their lifetime. If this happens the probate court will assume the responsibility of distributing the assets according to the law. Transfer by court order or deceased estate. It will not always be necessary to make an application to the Supreme Court for a grant of Probate or Letters of Administration before a vehicle licence can be transferred from the name of a deceased licence holder.

Transfer by court order or deceased estate

However, where Probate or Letters of Administration have been granted or obtained from the Supreme Court, a true copy must be provided before a vehicle licence will be transferred to the executor or administrator of the deceased's estate or to another person at the direction of the executor or administrator. If you are unsure as to whether to obtain a grant or if you require further assistance regarding the deceased's estate you should consider contacting the following: Citizens Advice Bureau.

Community Legal Centres. Public Trustee. Clca-wa-inc. Law Society of Western Australia - Law Society of Western AustraliaLaw Society of Western Australia. Citizens Advice Bureau - Home.