background preloader

Discussion

Facebook Twitter

Tracker

Conversation. Etiquette. Forum. Debate. Being a Library Director: What’s it all about? My philosophy is the more you are outside the library, the better it is for the library.

Being a Library Director: What’s it all about?

Being a library director isn’t always what it may seem to others. For me it has been one of the most rewarding positions, but it moves way beyond work in the library. If you have any interest in this type of role, and I hope you are, I’ll share my experiences from my current position in a California community college. The Environment Santa Barbara City College is a community college located in the central coast region of California. Where are we going with social software? On my drive from Ojai to Fresno last night I listened to the recent Library 2.0 Gang episode on Social Software in Libraries.

Where are we going with social software?

A great conversation well worth the 45-minutes. Further, this week I’ve been setting up a WordPressMU and BuddyPress installation at classes | kenleyneufeld to be used for online instruction and my new course on Social Networking and Social Software. The Ultimate Twitter Conversation Tracker.