Pearltrees can be contacted on its e-mail address: email@example.com.
1- When do we gather your personal data?
We receive and process a number of elements of information that may include your personal data when you access and use the Platform, and in particular when:
- you fill in any form providing information on the Platform, such as upon registration or when you update the information of your user account,
- you link your account on the Platform to an account opened on a third party web site or social network (e.g. Facebook, Google, Twitter), within the limits permitted by the confidentiality parameters that you shall have defined on the third party web site involved.
2- What personal data do we process?
a- The User’s contact details
When you register on the Platform, you will be asked to input a number of elements of personal data that are needed for the creation of your user account, including:
- Name / Surname (Optional)
When you decide to subscribe to a "premium" offer on the Platform, your banking information will also be collected. In such situation, Pearltrees will however not directly collect your credit card data which will be processed and encrypted by a payment services provider specialized in online payments and acting on behalf of Pearltrees.
b- Usage and connection data
When you use the Platform, we process data about your connection, i.e. information that is automatically recorded by our servers when you access or use the Platform, whether or not you are registered on the Platform or connected to your user account.
This connection data are your IP address, the date and time when you accessed or used the Platform, your operating system, your connection type, your mobile terminal type.
c- Information processed via cookies and other tracking technologies
When using Pearltrees, certain information about your browsing on third-party sites will also be collected only when you enable the Pearltrees plug-ins registration feature on your web browser.
For more details about the cookies used and how to deactivate them, please see our cookies Policy.
d- Social network data
When you decide to link your account on the Platform to an account opened on a third party web site or social network (e.g. Facebook, Google, Twitter), we will collect the minimum information in order to create an account on the Pearltrees Platform: email, name and image.
When you decide to import files from a third party web site or social network (e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox), a read-only access is granted only for the time necessary to import your files into Pearltrees.
When you decide to use a social network to find people you know on the Plateform (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Google) or you want to share content to people outside the Plateform, we will access temporarily your contacts to perform the desired action but these information won’t be collected by Pearltrees.
3- For which purposes we process your personal data?
We process and store your personal data for the following purposes:
- When you use the Platform and set up a user account, your personal data is processed and stored in order to enable the creation of your user account and for the purpose of administering the services offered by the Platform, in accordance with the terms and conditions of our Platform. The processing of your personal data is thus based on compliance with our contractual commitments.
- We also gather data concerning your connection to and use of the Platform, in order to operate, protect, improve and optimise the Platform, our services and our Users’ experience, even if they do not have a user account, for instance to perform analyses and searches, personalise or otherwise adapt the user experience on the Platform. The processing of this usage and connection data is in this respect founded on our legitimate interest to provide and improve our services. We are also required to keep your connection data in application of French law "LCEN" n ° 2004-575 of June 21, 2004.
- We may also use your personal data in order to send you information that might be of interest to you, concerning the Platform and our services, or to send you marketing, advertising or commercial information about new services similar to those that you already use on the Platform. This processing of your personal data is thus in this respect founded on our legitimate interest to communicate about our services to already registered users.
4- Under what circumstances may we disclose or share your personal data?
Your personal data will only be accessible by Pearltrees authorized persons and for the purposes strictly necessary for their respective roles. This could include members of the following teams: Customer Services, Support Service and Technical Support.
We may also share your personal data in the following situations:
- Your personal data may also be communicated to the police (if required by law) or to any person legally authorized to receive this information (by order of the judge).
5- How your data are hosted?
We endeavour to secure the personal data of the Users appropriately and have taken all useful precautions in order to preserve and ensure that our hosting subcontractors preserve the security and the confidentiality of this data, and in particular prevent it from being distorted, damaged or disclosed to unauthorised persons.
However, no method of transferring data over the Internet and no method of storing data electronically is 100% reliable. We therefore cannot guarantee the security of the data that is sent to us nor that of the personal data that we hold. Any security breach shall however be notified to you in strict compliance with the applicable regulations.
All of the personal data that we gather is hosted in France. We do not transfer any personal data to third parties that are based outside of France.
6- How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data is destroyed immediately when your user account is closed.
Your personal data will also be destroyed if you do not access your user account for over five (5) years.
7- How to unsubscribe from the Platform or to request a modification/erasure of your personal data?
You may unsubscribe from the Platform at any point in time by following the appropriate procedure, as described below:
You can also review, update, correct or delete your personal data directly within your user account on the Platform, at any point in time.
8- Right to access, rectify, erase, port and challenge the processing of your personal data
You have the right to access, object to, rectify, request portability, erase and oppose to the processing of your personal data for personal reasons. You also have the right to set guidelines regarding your personal data after your death.
These rights may be exercised immediately upon receipt of a written request sent to:
- Broceliand, 131 boulevard de Sébastopol, 75002 Paris, France
Or by electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Complaints about the use of your personal data may also be addressed to the CNIL, 3 Place de Fontenoy - TSA 80715 - 75334 PARIS CEDEX 07.