background preloader

Forums

Facebook Twitter

8 Checks to Run Before Firing Your New Gun - American Rifleman Mobile. By B.

8 Checks to Run Before Firing Your New Gun - American Rifleman Mobile

Gil Horman In pursuing both personal and professional shooting endeavors over the last several years, I've prepared a fair number of new and used firearms for first-time trips to the shooting range. Experience has taught me that one can never assume a gun is ready to shoot until it has been thoroughly checked out. While some gun problems will not present themselves until the gun is fired, many potential issues can be resolved or avoided if they are identified before the trigger is pressed. Here are a few important steps to take before loading a new gun, or a used gun you have never fired: 1. 2. If it's a used gun that has no manual, then get one. 3. 4. 5.

So go ahead and field strip the gun according to the manufacturer’s instructions and give it a good bath even though you will have to do it all over again after shooting. 6. 7. If you have any questions about what ammunition to use, refer to your owner’s manual or contact the gun manufacturer directly. Login Required. Tri-State Guns. Bersa Chat Forum. Carteach0. Pronunciation of the word " Izhevsk" Is there anyone out there that can give me the correct pronunciation of "Izhevsk", so I can stop saying "Is He"?

Pronunciation of the word " Izhevsk"

Mosinitis has struck again!! My collection has just doubled with the purchase of a MN 91/30 1936 Izhevsk. Have not taken physical possession as of yet, will try to provide more details and photos if possible. In our language is spelled " Иже́вск " with a short (not prolonged) emphasis on the "e" not the "i" like I hear English speakers sometime . The closest I can show you is if you go to this online pronunciation site ( ), copy and paste Иже́вск into the field, select Russian and press "Say It".

Also, if you guys don't know the "Izh" in Izhevsk is for the River Izh, that is why the city is called so. I hope this helps. Kentucky State Police: Concealed Deadly Weapons. The Kentucky State Police was authorized by KRS 237.110 to issue and renew licenses to carry concealed firearms or other deadly weapons, or a combination thereof, to qualified persons.

Kentucky State Police: Concealed Deadly Weapons

The applicant for a carry concealed deadly weapon (CCDW) license must: Felony Convictions If you have been convicted of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year, i.e., a felony, you are not only ineligible to possess a CCDW license; federal law prohibits you from possessing a firearm. Individuals subject to this disability should immediately lawfully dispose of their firearms and ammunition.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) recommends that individuals who have been convicted of a felony surrender their firearms and ammunition to a third party, such as their attorney, local police agency, or a federal firearms dealer. Diversion Those on pretrial diversion for disqualifying offenses are not eligible for a CCDW license. Renewal Process. HotGunz Stolen Gun Search. Kentuckiana Firearms - Powered by vBulletin.