Get flash to fully experience Pearltrees
Although the prices on Gmarket can be enticing, if you are actually planning to travel for any lengthy amount of time, I would not recommend buying on there unless you already know the make and model that you want. Backpacks are a very personal thing and proper fit, so as to reduce stress and pain, is very important. You should be trying them on before you buy one.
A statewide criminal background check is no longer acceptable for Americans living in Korea with an E2 Visa. An FBI check is required and it can take up to 12 weeks to process so I recommend applying right away if you are a current resident in Korea. The apostille also takes up to 15 days. So plan for this to take 14 weeks total! Apparently these changes were made in September, but many teachers like me weren't notified by their bosses until October (Hopefully we won't get deported in January.) As of Jan. 1, 2011: All Americans must get an FBI level background check.
This is a follow-up to Eve’s FAQs about teaching English in Spain in order to answer some questions about the FBI Background Check. Applying for this document can be confusing, so this should clarify things a bit. Disclaimer: Last year I figured out this process through trial and error. Hopefully the following steps will work for you too, but I can’t make any guarantees since there may be some variation with the different consulates. So, as they like to say in the program manual: when in doubt, check with your consulate. And now for the FAQs:
Some 25 million South Koreans -- about half the population -- travel abroad at least once a year, but it’s safe to assume that most haven't seen all the beautiful sights within the country. Seoul only takes up a mere 0.6 percent of South Korea's territory: here are 50 stunning photographs from the other 99.4 percent of the country that are all worth a visit. Here are the flowery spring landscapes, sandy beaches, rocky mountains and quietly stunning historic sites on your new Korean travel bucket list. And just in case you were wondering, they are in no particular order.
Coming to Seoul to party is fun. Trying to find a place to crash afterwards is not. Presuming you haven't already arranged to stay at a friend's house or reserved a hotel, there are plenty of 24-hour bath houses, called 'jimjilbangs,' to lay your head in Seoul. SEOUL, South Korea -- Five star hotels they are not, but at 7,000-15,000 won a night, they are a great option when visiting the Korean capital.